Jillian Segal is the president of the executive council of Australian Jewry. She studied law in Harvard university and holds executive and non-executive positions in certain Australian financial corporations.
Strategic Oversight over Research, Governance & Trade Orgs
As an ardent promoter of Zionism, Jilian Segal questionably holds vast influence over various private and governmental research & trade organisations. Among her positions, include:
- Chairman of the Israel-Australia chamber commerce
- Interestingly, Jillian simultaneously heads both the Australian “Garvan” medical research institute and the Israeli Weizman Institute of Science.
- Board member of the Australian Grattan Institute and the multinational Dutch Rabobank bank
- Chairman of the John Monash scholarship (a prestigious postgraduate scholarship for Australian scholars who wish to study overseas.) which has a looming influence in deciding over which Australian scholars can be nominated to study overseas
- Past deputy chair of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission1
In short, it appears that Segal has an active role in overseeing and controlling fields which affect Israeli science & trade interests in Australia.